The Din 6914 is a high strength hexagon bolts width large widths across flats for structural steel bolting. High strength hexagon head bolt are intended for use in GV & SL structural steel bolting in accordance with DIN18 800 part 1, together with DIN 6915 hexagon nuts & DIN 6916, DIN 6917 & DIN 6918 washer.
|General Requirment||As specified in DIN 267 part 1|
|As specified in||DIN 13 part 12 & 15|
|Mechanical properties||Product Class||10.9|
|As specified in||ISO 898-1|
|Limit Deviation & Geometric tolerance||Product Grade||C|
|As specified in||ISO 4759 Part 1|
|Surface finish||As processed DIN 267 part 10 shall apply with regards to hot dip galvanized|
|Acceptance inspection||As specified in DIN 267 part 5|
We can offer surface finishing as per customer requirement in hot dip galvanising, we take special care to ensure there is no hydrogen embrittlement in 10.9 grade with our special curing system which ensures that 10.9 grade bolts are not damaged by hydrogen embrittlement post galvanising process. We also do zinc electroplated in blue, yellow or black colour as per customer requirements.
- The tolerance class specified applies before hot-dip galvanizing. Hot-dip galvanized bolts are intended For assembly with oversize tapped nuts.
- The location of charpy V-notch test pieces in the bolt shall be specified in EN ISO 898-1.
- Attention is drawn to the need to consider the risk of hydrogen embrittlement in the case of bolts of Property class 10.9, when selecting an appropriate surface treatment process (e.g. cleaning and coating), see the relevant coating standards.
- “As processed” means the normal finish resulting from manufacture with a light coating of oil. e Other coatings may negotiated between the purchaser and the manufacturer provided they do not impair the mechanical properties or the functional characteristics. Coatings of cadmium or cadmium alloy are not permitted.
Bolts shall be marked accordance with ISO 898-1 and shall additionally bear the symbol ‘HV’.
- Identification mark of the RFL. It is permissible for the marking to be either embossed or indented on the top surface of the head.
IMPORTANT NOTE :
Preloaded bolted assemblies are very sensitive to differences in manufacture and lubrication. Therefore it is Important that the assembly is supplied by one manufacturer who is always responsible for the function of the assembly. For the same reason, it is important that the coating of the assembly is under the control of one manufacturer. Beside the mechanical properties of the components, the functionality of the assembly requires that the specific preload can be achieved if the assembly is tightened with a suitable procedure. For this purpose a test method for the suitability of the components for preloading was created, which will demonstrate whether the function of the assembly is fulfilled.