XYLAR coatings can be used alone when a lubricated surface is not needed. XYLAR coatings are recommended for use in three major application areas:
Protecting metal from oxidation due to water in all forms: sea water, ice, steam, even subterranean condensation; protecting metal from high temperature oxidation up to 1000F (535C); providing a sacrificial primer for any conventional air sprayed lubricating coating.
• Extreme temperature resistant
• Abrasion/wear resistant
• High corrosion resistance
• Provides sacrificial anodic protection
• Colours available: Dull grey/silver when burnished
• Abrasion resistance: Very good
• Chemical resistance: Good
• Corrosion resistance: Excellent
• Cure temperature MAX [PMT]: 15 mins @ 400°C/750°F
• Cure temperature min [PMT]: 30 mins @ 343°C/650°F
• Working temperature, range (continuous): -40°C/-40°F to 535°C/995°F
• Film thickness: 15-30 microns
Although Xylan 1424 system is primarily designed for stud bolts and other fasteners, potential applications are limitless.
• Protecting metal from oxidizing due to water in all forms (salt water, steam, ice, etc.)
• Protecting metal from high temperature oxidation up to 1000°F
• Providing a sacrificial primer for conventional air spray lubricating coatings, such as Xylan.